Looking for the best time of year to buy a DSLR camera? Photography is an expensive hobby and finding a great deal on your next big purchase is always a good idea. Whether you are looking to buy a DSLR or mirrorless camera, this article will be for you.
What time of year can you find the best camera deals?
The best time to buy a new DSLR is around the holidays for the best deals.
Table of Contents
Best Time Of Year To Buy A DSLR Camera?
It is difficult to point to a specific time of year to always get the best deals. The best time of year to purchase a DSLR camera is generally around the holidays. Holidays are a time when deals can be found for a variety of electronics.
That being said:
Black Friday season has shown to be a good time of the year to make a purchase as is Christmas.
Many stores and manufacturers put their products on sale to compete with each other.
In addition, President’s Day usually has sales to be aware of.
And lastly, search manufacturers websites for their deals and promotions. They generally release new products around the first of the year and so expect the current models to be bought for reduced prices with either rebates or promotions.
One more thing:
Don’t forget to look at refurbished cameras. An excellent used camera can be bought for quite a bargain if you look.
Buy a new DSLR around the holidays for the best deals
Remember that owning a DSLR or mirrorless camera is a long-term investment, so waiting to purchase because you’re searching for that perfect deal might not make the most sense. In other words, find the DSLR you want and consider if it’s worth putting off buying it to save a few dollars. Maybe it is and maybe not, but you will have years of enjoyment and use ahead of you.
Best Time Of Year:
- End of the year and President’s Day offer good deals.
- Manufacturers offer deals after they release new model’s which is usually beginning of the year.
- Don’t forget about used or refurbished DSLR or mirrorless cameras as a bargain can be found.
Looking for a DSLR to start a blog? Read my article:
Are DSLR Cameras Good For Vlogging?
Where To Find Best DSLR Deals?
You now know when to look for the best deals. How about where to look for these deals?
Your local photography store is a great resource.
Online stores offer good prices.
Other online giants:
Amazon also offers open box and used cameras in their warehouse deals as you can see below in my affiliate link.
Sure. There are a ton of places out there in the world selling camera equipment. Do your homework and buy from a reputable company. A big purchase should make you feel confident.
That’s the when and where of DSLR or mirrorless purchasing which is the crux of this article. If you are just starting out in the photography world you might have additional questions. I address one of these questions below.
What do I need to know before buying a DSLR camera?
- Know that DSLR or mirrorless cameras have many swappable lenses and accessories. Make sure any lens you buy will fit your camera. Do research on lenses, better lenses cost more, are better quality and worth it.
- Look at the body of the camera, hold it if you can and choose one that feels right. Locate the buttons and functions to see how everything works. Does the LCD screen look sharp?
- Quality matters here. Look at the specs and compare between different camera models.Want to shoot video? Make sure the digital camera does what you need. What kind of in-camera editing does it have?
What’s the takeaway?
Slow down a bit and do some comparing and research so you feel comfortable with the purchase. When you know what you want start looking for those deals..
As we said, great deals are around the end of the year and President’s Day. Don’t forget about manufacturers websites to look for their deals and rebates, which are usually first of the year, but also beginning of summer. Check out local stores and the large reputable retails stores. Consider buying used or refurbished, you can get a great deal and it’s worth a second thought.
What are your thought on the best time to buy a DSLR or mirrorless camera?
Let me know..
READ NEXT: What Is The Best Instant Print Camera?